What is Mindfulness Meditation?
Mindfulness Meditation is a life changing mind-body approach to wellbeing that can reduce stress, anxiety and many other physical and emotional disorders. It can have a powerful and positive impact on our mental and physical wellbeing.
There are two key approaches within Mindfulness Meditation:
- The evidence based approach of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was devised by Jon Kabat-Zinn and colleagues over 30 years ago in the stress clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. It is successfully employed in health, business and educational settings and incorporates techniques such as meditation, gentle yoga and mind-body exercises to help people cope with stress.
- The Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) approach was designed specifically to help break the negative thought patterns that are characteristic of recurrent depression. It combines mindfulness techniques such as meditation, breathing exercises and stretching with elements from cognitive therapy and is recommended by the government's National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) as an effective treatment for people who suffer from recurrent episodes of depression.
How We Can Help You
We combine key elements of the MBSR and MBCT approaches and teach you new techniques for coping with stress in the workplace or at home and strengthen your emotional resilience. We will show you how to pay attention to the present moment, rather than worrying about the past or the future, and to let go of negative thoughts. We will help you to become more aware of your thoughts and feelings so that instead of being overwhelmed by them, you will be better able to manage them.
We can help you to live your life more fully and with greater awareness. Other benefits include:
- Reducing anxiety and increasing calm and relaxation
- Managing and reducing stress
- Dealing with depression and persistent low mood and helping to identify the signs of oncoming depression and ward off the episode before it starts.
- Managing and dealing with anger
- Pain management
- Longer and better quality sleep, with fewer sleep disturbances
- Increased concentration
- Improved problem solving
- Increased energy levels and enjoyment of life
- An improved ability to manage fear and worry
- Improved self esteem
- Development of effective coping strategies
What Will Happen in a Mindfulness Meditation Session?
During Mindfulness Meditation sessions you will be taught key elements of the MBSR and MCBT approaches. This can include mindfulness techniques such as meditation, breathing exercises and stretching.
Who do we work with?
We work with both private and corporate clients.
We also run an 8 week mindfulness meditation programme. Please ask for details.
Start Improving Your Life Today
Call us now on 07724 897302 for a free initial confidential discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org